- RT @AndrewDHudson: “As long as you’re modern, you have to write from inside the disaster.” -Mackenzie Wark about 5 days ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @LAReviewofBooks: “One of the troubles with our culture is we do not respect and train the imagination. It needs exercise. It needs prac… about 5 days ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @exploreplanets: BREAKING: This newly discovered Earth-sized planet could harbor life! And it's only 11 light-years away: https://t.co/… about 1 week ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Strange_Animals: The amazing green-headed tanager. (Photo: Dario Sanches) https://t.co/1JP9ZHZ8B5 about 1 week ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @HowlTweeter: ah, Carl, while you are not safe I am not safe, and now you're really in the total animal soup of time— about 1 week ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
Category Archives: Primate
I was deeply honoured to be asked to read a poem as part of my sister’s wedding ceremony in Sydney last weekend. The reception was held at one of Australia’s oldest glasshouses, the ceremony on the lawn outside beneath a … Continue reading
I found out Friday that a friend of mine, Bill Brent, died in August. We never got to meet in real life, but I don’t believe in the equivocation of “internet friends”. We knew each other from a mailing list … Continue reading
One of the reasons I chose the title of Hermit City for this site is that I’m interested in the possibilities of the city as a place to live. As I wrote in my journal on my walk across Japan: … Continue reading
sleeping in i can’t remember why it’s wrong
sitting in the dark I remember again the idea of China
a fire snake wooden ox and metal pig swap books at a cafe
Lamb mango curry: we stop the DVD to get some more.
sunday afternoon january 3rd start work tomorrow; today is leftovers and a good book
Boots, the stray cat, lies black and glossy on the porch, ignoring tomatoes ripening above.